Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Mods

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
I'm looking at buying my first car, and was wondering where did everyone start. I'm thinking bodykit, exhaust, lowered, audio system, and i was wondering what everyone else did and what advice they can give. I am probably going to be on a budget.

thanks guys
scott

nath_in_nsw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS wagon
how you going mate, I got a vs wagon. You can
- get a mod chip (more power, runs better on premium, etc)
- get a pod filter (sounds good, better airflow, but is illegal for rego so keep your orginal box for inspections) + hiclone (search in google)
- sports exhaust, and extractors (exhaust alone is a noise maker, but extractors add power and cleaner sound. Good for economy and power not both at the same time though...lol)
- you can lower it with cheap springs or cut it (your choice)
- then you have the interior choices such as cruise, power windows, locks, mirrors, etc and also seat covers, stickers, etc and what ever else you can think of.
- I tinted my windows and that improved the look a fair deal, can let you know a good dude if you are near sydney

message me if you have any questions...

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah i just bought a car aswell and so far i have imported a h/u and front 6.5 inch components that i got for a 1/4 of the price it would cost in australia. i dont have an australian warranty but i can send it to the us if i need anything fixed so its all good. if ur on a budjet import audio stuff excepting for subs and amps coz the postage would be huge!
if your after a little performance boost do not go the extractors-exhaust route coz that will coz you ~$1200 for only 10-15rwKW. a cheaper way if your on a budget is to go to www.lynxcorp.com.au and get ht leads, air filter and new spitfire plugs. it will cost about $310 and will give you about 10-15rwkw. (eg: same as exhaust for a 1/4 of the price!!!!!). also have a search on the forum for the v6 supercharged cold air intake. its about $60 from a holden dealer and adds a little bit of power but the main thing is that it allows the car to breathe easier.
cutting ur springs is illegal i think. check it first
for a modded memcal do a search i think they were/arer being ofered for heaps less than power or uni chip. eg $150 for memcal compaired to 600-800 for a uni or power chip
a pod airfilter Vs. a panel air filter is a huge debate at the moment. guys that have pods say that the fiter is bigger so its easier for the car to suck in air yet there havent been huge if any differences on a car with a pod and then with a panel filter. on a vs i really doubt theres going to be any difference inpower except for the extra cash a pod is going to cost. remember that with a pod you need an adapter for extra $$$.
just my opinions, garth.