Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Mounting Brackets Dont Fit My New Head Unit

richie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Commodore 3.8V6
Hey all

Just bought a new pioneer headunit for my vs series 2.

Only problem is, the brakcets that were on the eurovox hu dont fit the pioneer one.

Any idea where i could get a bracket that will fit the new hu and into the vs mount ?

Im in northern sydney if anyone knows somewhere local...

F

FreestyleFreak

hey bro, well i came across this problem the other day trying to fit an Alpine 7892E head unit into a VS it didnt happen i ended up welding the brackets from the eurovox unit to the mounting bracket on my alpine unit was a bit of ******* around but it turned out good so i dont know if you know any one with a welder that could help you.

Catch ya Lars

R

Robbie

QUOTE (FreestyleFreak @ Jan 14 2004, 11:02 AM) i ended up welding the brackets from the eurovox unit to the mounting bracket on my alpine unit was a bit of ******* around but it turned out good so
You welded the brackets together?

That seems a bit hardcore.. surely there is an easier option...

J

Jason

had a spot of trouble fitting my VDO hduint in my vs...ended up just elongating the eurovox bracket holes with a drill, this way you can gain some room to maneuvre.
deends on your hdunit though.
I've heard autobarn sell brackets for mounting headunits, you might try that...unless you want to weld them on, hehe (hell, why not just NAIL the F@#kers on there whil;e you're at it?) ....just kidding man....custom bracket probly are the best, if you got the time & tools.