Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs- My Roof Is Caving In!

S

shigan

Hey guys,

I just bought a VS and the lining of the roof is saging as well as the foam and I think the sheet of whatever between the lining and the roof. Can anyone please tell me is this from water. Holden quoted me $450 to replace. Does anyone know whether this will happen again if I get it fixed? Or is there a cheaper alternative. Should I check out other smaller body trimmers- if they will be able to get the right parts. Sincerest thanks.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Firstly welcome aboard "shagan"

The Commodores, fords and a whole heap of other cars suffer from this problem, I personaly have noticed it more in darker coloured cars (dark blue, maroon etc) I think this might be because of the high heat build up in the roof, but thats just my guess.

Go to an car trim man, should only cost around $150 (I think) to get redone. Or go and get a second hand one from the wreckers but good luck there!!!

As for it doing it again who knows...!!!

Regards Guy.

P

pythian

your right guy, mate of mine has the same problem in his VN, rather annoying but not much you can do about it unless you wanna follow the instructions in this months street commodore.. my friend is getting his done professionally at a place in Acacia Ridge in QLD, for $128 which i thought was pretty reasonable

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i too had this problem
it's is fixed now
my vr is dark blue or genesis as some may call it

if you go to bunnings and go into the craft section
there is a product from 3M called 90 High Strength Adhesive

i used about 2 1/2 half cans you could get away with using 2 cans
the first time i went to do it i only got threw doing half the job using one can i could'nt get more at the time.

i found it hard to using the same lining as it was hard to match up with the interior light and the jesus bars as you

i would recommend replacing the lining
had a look in spotlight or goto a person that does it and see if they have the lining or colour that you would like.

anyway see how you go...

Fatboy

Reaction score
Yer $150 sounds about right. Did my ute headliner (obviously smaller than sedan) for about $100

L

loweredvsute

i got this too in my dark blue vs ute.

Whats the name of the place at Acacia Ridge? Or the name of a good place to get it done. No way id pay $450 for holden to do it!

What about ... if your going to repllace it, , replace it with a custom colour or somthing cool Dunno wat off the top of my head but sounds cool! just a thought

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
loweredvsute:
ive read some of your posts and i am interested in seeing pics of your car. i too have a vs ute. pics can be found in the VR/S forum under the topic started by me called 'pics of wheels'

Fatboy

Reaction score
QUOTE (loweredvsute @ Feb 19 2004, 08:16 AM) i got this too in my dark blue vs ute.

Whats the name of the place at Acacia Ridge? Or the name of a good place to get it done. No way id pay $450 for holden to do it!

What about ... if your going to repllace it, , replace it with a custom colour or somthing cool Dunno wat off the top of my head but sounds cool! just a thought
Pretty much any good upholsterer should replace head liners. Just use the yellow pages

L

loweredvsute

VS UTE - Yeah il get round to takin pics soon... everything on it is sweet.. just needs to be lowered!! Rides like a bloody family 4wd at the mo :S lol

only bought the car about 2months ago. Never had a nice car b4 so all this is very new to me. but wuz very stoked to find this site and its been a great help soo far. Thanks every1.

Fatboy - Cheers il look into that. Good to know i aint gotta go to a special holden place