Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Oil and Parker lights.

Reid97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Executive Series II
2 Questions in one. I've searched and couldn't find anything.
First question is what oil would my 97 V6 VS take? I asked at super cheap and they said 10w40, but my sister told me to stay away from it because it's not recommended in her booklet (she works at East Coast Lubes).

Second question. How on earth do you remove the parker bulbs from where they connect? I have a bunch of spare bulbs, and I'm more than positive that they would pull straight out since it's just a little 12v bulb. But I've tried, and so has my dad, and neither of us can remove the bulb no matter what we try.. :S

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Your sister is right, DONT use 10w40 in a vs ecotec. It is too thin, will reduce oil pressure and may also give you noisy lifters. 20w50, 20w60 or 15w60 is what I would recommend. The manual that came with a vs v6 recommended using 20w50. And parker globes should be just a straight push in fit so not sure why they are stuck.

Reid97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Executive Series II
Cheers :) Just realized I did put in some 10w40 at some point, since I had a cracked valve heater head, and the car became low on water/oil etc.. will drain it and get some good stuff. cheers for that..

as with the parkers... they probably haven't been changed once in the 12 years it's been alive haha :)