Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs power windows not working all of a sudden

Aza5108

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6 Ss mock up
Hey everyone,
i have recently purchased a VS and now all of a sudden all the elec windows have stopped working all at the same time. I have replaced the relay and the fuse but there is nothing even the little lights on the window buttons are not lighting up. I have been told it may be the powerwindow module on the body or something?? has any1 else had this problem that may be able to help. i'm not much of a guru so lamons terms would be great lol

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The BCM (Body Control Module) controls the power windows.Looking at the VS wiring diagram,the power windows and the BCM also use fuse number 7,fuse number 10,and fuse number 23.So check these out as well..

Aza5108

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6 Ss mock up
Hey Brett Cheers,

Checked all those fuses they are fine..also swapped the relays and they are all good as well... i guess if it aint the BCM then i got no idea

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Maybe a long shot,but try resetting the BCM by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes.

Big.zop

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp SS
Hey everyone,
i have recently purchased a VS and now all of a sudden all the elec windows have stopped working all at the same time. I have replaced the relay and the fuse but there is nothing even the little lights on the window buttons are not lighting up. I have been told it may be the powerwindow module on the body or something?? has any1 else had this problem that may be able to help. i'm not much of a guru so lamons terms would be great lol

Hey mate I have exactly the same problem and I have done the same and checked everything I was just wondering how did you end up fixing it cheers

regan mcleod

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 gts
Hi I have a vr senator and its doing something similar, 1 window works 3dont. Ii have replaced switches etc and no change.