Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS probs

VScom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 3.8L
Hi,

i have a prob with my VS and wanted to know if anyone can help me. Just after i bought my Commie about this time last year i noticed a loud knocking sound coming from the front left wheel which became real loud when i turned right. I got my car serviced recently and they said that the noise is from the sway bar link bushes and they needed to be replaced. So i went for a second opinion and took it to my mate who is a mechanic and he reckoned it was the same prob, so he replaced my bushes, but alas the problem is still there and its even louder now??? :b:
CAN ANYONE HELP? HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THEIR COMMODORES BEFORE? ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL.

CHEERS.

IJUSTWANTONE

Holden Lover
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina series 2
VScom said:
Hi,

i have a prob with my VS and wanted to know if anyone can help me. Just after i bought my Commie about this time last year i noticed a loud knocking sound coming from the front left wheel which became real loud when i turned right. I got my car serviced recently and they said that the noise is from the sway bar link bushes and they needed to be replaced. So i went for a second opinion and took it to my mate who is a mechanic and he reckoned it was the same prob, so he replaced my bushes, but alas the problem is still there and its even louder now??? :b:
CAN ANYONE HELP? HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THEIR COMMODORES BEFORE? ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL.

CHEERS.
I had a knocking problem in my VS as well but it was the sway bar bushes. Also try the top strut mount. Open the bonnet and push down on the car over the strut and see if it moves. our volvo is in the shop today for that problem. It was really bad over bumpy roads. the strut pops up through the hole and knocks when it reaches original position. Hope that helps.

C

CustomVS

have a look at the lower control arm as well as the ball joint and wheel bearings.......hope that helps...

P

*PNK.LDY*

Knocking Noise

Hey i have a VR commodore & it had a knocking noise in the front you should check your transmission and see if all the bolts are tight!It might sound stupid but it costed me over $1000.00 in repairs that probably weren't necessary before they finally found that my transmission was loose!