Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS project

D

De Racer

I've got about $5.5k to spend on eng mods, what is best things to spend it on?? Motor is 140 000km young

What is best clutch to use for everyday street but stronger than stock for when I quarter it?

Is the diff gonna hack it wen I give the motor some more grunt?

Got a few bux for sounds as well, what is good deal ATM?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
well, for that money, you could do a few things, lightly tickle the motor and put in a decent stereo, or leave the stereo and go all on the motor and driveline. 140 thousand isnt a hell of a lot on the clock, but it is significant, you could yank the motor and give it a freshen up, light machine and put in a nice cam and mate it up to a good, free flowing exhaust system...as for the clutch, they usually rate them in pounds as in how much pressure is put on the friction plate when it is engaged. you could go for a pretty big pressure clutch, but what makes them un-streetable is the clutch centre, which has torsional springs to absorb some of the shock when the clutch takes up. make sure it has a sprung centre basically....the diff, find out first whether it is limited slip or not, there should be a little i.d tag on the diff cover plate that states whats inside. if not, i would be looking for a reco limited slip centre, if it is, then it could probably do with a freshen up anyways. new bearings, seals and cone springs too. its up to you and what you ultimately want out of it.