Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Quarter Window Rubbers

Vsss1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Commodore
Hi Guys. I have badly worn Quarter Window Rubbers on both sides of my VS Commodore. I've seriously struggled to find someone who can fix this and Holden no longer make the part. Originally I thought this would be a cosmetic fix (ie. Paint/Rubber restorer) but I've been told you might have to replace the entire quarter window (glass and all). Seeing as Holden no longer make this part (already been to numerous Holden dealers) I've been left looking for 2nd hand ones on eBay. Unfortunately they are generally just as badly faded. My car is immaculate condition but the faded window rubbers really let it down. If anyone has had to deal with this problem or knows how to fix it, or knows where I could find a set of good condition VS Quarter Windows I would be extremely grateful! Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-08-20-18-51-66_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-08-20-18-51-66_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 78

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
They can certainly be repainted if the rubber hasn't perished. Make sure you use flexible paint. Can be done without removing/replacing the glass if you are tidy with the masking tape.

Vsss1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Commodore
Reactions: Lex

Vsss1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Commodore
They can certainly be repainted if the rubber hasn't perished. Make sure you use flexible paint. Can be done without removing/replacing the glass if you are tidy with the masking tape.
Thanks BlackVXGTS! To be honest I wouldn't call them rubber anymore! Haha. They are hard as a rock! I would imagine they are still paintable though so I may give it a go if all else fails. Thanks again for your help mate!

Reactions: Lex

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Thanks Lex! These guys look like they have exactly what I want. Ill give them a call and see what they can do. Thanks mate!

they are also selling secondhand ones with sun damage looking at the item closely.
best I have seen for repairs on them now are smoothed & painted over with a flexible paint.

I am yet to do mine as I have been watching other resto's for tips on doing them same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTCWlvGFyGI/