Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Radiator Fan issues

Z

zuluchief

Hi Folks,

I have a VS series 2 commodore, lately the radiator fan is playing up its revving like crazy even when the engine is still cold first thing in the morning, I swappped relays around in the engine bay, disconnect/connect sensor wire on engine block but can't seem to figure out what the prob. might be, any ideas appreciated.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I had the exactly the same problem, I have said this sensor many times in other forums --> Coolant Temp. Sensor (ECU not Gauge). $14 for genuine part, takes 15 minutes to install. I have given the full set of instruction somewhere on this forum on how to replace it.

Z

zuluchief

I found your post on the forums,
I'll give it a go, hopefully it'll fix the problem.

Any ideas on how to turn off the air bag warning light.
(it came on when I was fiddling trying to change bulbs behind dashboard)

Thanx for your help

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Not sure about ABS, dont have ABS on my VR, I did have a problem like that with my VZ, dealer did something to fix it, because the cars lease back I didn't really care.

Z

zuluchief

Changing the sensor and didn't fix the problem,
(yes I've changed the coolant temp sensor to ECu and not the gauge one)
also changed the relays (both high and low speed fan realy) still not good.
I'm thinking it may be the ECU, is there any way of resetting computer, I also done a diagnostic test and got 12 and that means everything OK....dont know what else to do....
Thanx for the help anyway

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
zuluchief said:
Changing the sensor and didn't fix the problem,
(yes I've changed the coolant temp sensor to ECu and not the gauge one)
also changed the relays (both high and low speed fan realy) still not good.
I'm thinking it may be the ECU, is there any way of resetting computer, I also done a diagnostic test and got 12 and that means everything OK....dont know what else to do....
Thanx for the help anyway

That's no good, worth the try though. Well the only way I know to reset the ECU is to disconnect the battery (not sure how many minutes for, leave it off for 30 minutes I say) and reconnect and go for a drive.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
20 seconds is about all you need. Same effect by disconnecting the 20A engine fuse.