Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS randomly dying

bubby83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
My Car has been doing this too although it's just a petrol car i took it to a mechanic and he said its probably the crank shaft sensor and when it surges to just stop the car and let it cool down as it's only been doing it on a really hot day. Once it's cooled down after half an hour it runs fine again the first time it did it the fuel pump was really noisy

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I took my car to my mechanic and it's finally fixed, ended up being the fuel pump and the petrol/lpg switch-over playing up.

It's been running fine since I got it back, but recently it's been struggling to start on gas, it will only start on petrol.

EDIT: I went out on my lunch break and tried to start it but to no avail (on petrol and LPG), called my mechanic and he had me bridge some wire from my battery's positive terminal to the gas solenoid near the engine? This worked starting it on petrol then I was able to switch over to gas. My fuel pump is brand new so that can't be the issue?

Last edited:

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Went to start it this morning, would not start on petrol but after a bit of a struggle it started on LPG, this damn car just can't make it's mind up, it's different every day, can anyone help me out here??

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
It now starts fine every time on petrol and LPG, but yesterday and today on the way to tafe it would just die as I'm driving and also idles pretty rough.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
wow mate your having a bad trot with the old girl? hope all ends well......cheers and good luck
It now starts fine every time on petrol and LPG, but yesterday and today on the way to tafe it would just die as I'm driving and also idles pretty rough.