Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS rear brake hoses fit VN?

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE II SV6 NITRATE SPORTWAGON
Can anyone tell me if VS brake hoses fit VN. I have had two different answers! YES & NO Thanks

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That's interesting, the VN-VS use the same rear caliper, I would have said yes.

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not sure whether they fit or not, but maybe the flare at the junction box about the axle housing...

Yes, that is what I have been led to believe. Body to diff fittings are different, & the splitter on the diff are different. The caliper fittings are the same though. Don't know why they would change them....never seen any problems with the old splitters, not even a leak!

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
irs or live axle is the only difference i know off when you look on ebay for rear hoses they say fit vb to vs

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I only know because I was sent pre vs braided hoses, and the flare’s totally different but the thread’s the same from memory. And yep different where it joins to the hardline. Later and earlier ones mount the same on the caliper end.

grafton

Reaction score
Members Ride
irs or live axle is the only difference i know off when you look on ebay for rear hoses they say fit vb to vs

Best I could find to fit VB-VS was FRONT only sets. Any with rear hoses are specific to for VB to series 1 VN then series 2 VN to VS were different. The sets listed on ebay with rear/rear only to suit VB to VS, in the full desciption says, you must supply vin # or specify your exact model so we can send you the correct set.
I suppose the real answer is to buy the wrong ones then find out the hard way!.......which no one wants to do. Hope this helps any one else changing their hoses.
**** FRONT-VB to VS are the same. REAR-VB to series 1 VN are the same. REAR-Series 2 VN to VS are the same****

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Best I could find to fit VB-VS was FRONT only sets. Any with rear hoses are specific to for VB to series 1 VN then series 2 VN to VS were different. The sets listed on ebay with rear/rear only to suit VB to VS, in the full desciption says, you must supply vin # or specify your exact model so we can send you the correct set.
I suppose the real answer is to buy the wrong ones then find out the hard way!.......which no one wants to do. Hope this helps any one else changing their hoses.
**** FRONT-VB to VS are the same. REAR-VB to series 1 VN are the same. REAR-Series 2 VN to VS are the same****
VS on is DIFFERENT.