Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS rotor replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
yer the above quote describes what youuuuuuuu do,

I got kicked out of kindergarden and I can spell fairly well....What's your excuse....Too much S.A greenery?

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
The factory VC 6cyl SLE....Or did the elephant forget that bit.

I know where I got my M/C from and no, I was referring to that one of one Commodore you have

When did Holden start putting metric sizing on the front of the Master cylinders?

BTW, nice posting Shane3800....A leopard doesn't change its spots

“ Like an elephant “ is not being an elephant, grow up and stop acting like a spoilt brat, its 15/16 “ / 23.81mm we all know that, do you need glasses, cant you read what’s stamped on the m/c.

We never talked about any pics at all till you bought it up in your last post hence my query about what you were talking about, get your facts strait [typo].

If you want pictures to confirm factory parts I suggest you use GOOGLE or ring GM or ask SMITTY. No VC 6cyl SLE or V8 came off the production line with a 1” m/cylinder.

Your quite good at deflecting when you have been incorrect without having to answer previous questions asked of you and yet you imply other things to carry on your delusion/confusion for others to read.

By the way dont ASSume anything about anyone without facts ... you know the rest of the quote. Get over it. You cant always be right ®

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
“ Like an elephant “ is not being an elephant, grow up and stop acting like a spoilt brat, its 15/16 “ / 23.81mm we all know that, do you need glasses, cant you read what’s stamped on the m/c.

We never talked about any pics at all till you bought it up in your last post hence my query about what you were talking about, get your facts strait [typo].

If you want pictures to confirm factory parts I suggest you use GOOGLE or ring GM or ask SMITTY. No VC 6cyl SLE or V8 came off the production line with a 1” m/cylinder.

Your quite good at deflecting when you have been incorrect without having to answer previous questions asked of you and yet you imply other things to carry on your delusion/confusion for others to read.

By the way dont ASSume anything about anyone without facts ... you know the rest of the quote. Get over it. You cant always be right ®

No need to ASSume much with you...It's as plain as the nose on your face, you are Shane 3800....Just using a different username to try and throw people off.

Oh and google....Don't know how to use it.....Can you enlighten me.

Spoilt brat? It's as plain as the nose on your face, I have kids older than you....

And deflecting....Nope....Point out facts....

So are you going to tell me, when they put metric figures on the M/C's....

Can you tell me, where were you when I unbolted the master cylinder all those years ago? I only saw one other person at the time and that was the owner of the car....You're the one claiming I didn't get what I got

I would also like to know, why the hell you are looking underneath my bonnet without my permission? Are you sussing out how to hijack parts? By your posting, that's the way I see it...Others might see it differently

Finally, use your original username, instead of this one to deflect who you really are

Last edited:

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
is there a chat part on the forum?............i get notifications thinking of legit replies yet nope.for crying out loud pm each other or get a room.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
is there a chat part on the forum?............i get notifications thinking of legit replies yet nope.for crying out loud pm each other or get a room.
just unread it option

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
No need to ASSume much with you...It's as plain as the nose on your face, you are Shane 3800....Just using a different username to try and throw people off.

Spoilt brat? It's as plain as the nose on your face, I have kids older than you....

Can you tell me, where were you when I unbolted the master cylinder all those years ago? I only saw one other person at the time and that was the owner of the car....You're the one claiming I didn't get what I got

I would also like to know, why the hell you are looking underneath my bonnet without my permission? Are you sussing out how to hijack parts? By your posting, that's the way I see it...Others might see it differently

Finally, use your original username, instead of this one to deflect who you really are
OMG OMG ... what a load of rambling faerie dust, sure sign of suffering from OldTimer’sDisease. Unfortunately your incorrect again and you can go on forever making things up about anything I write so this will be my last comment.

Originally I pm’ed you to ask what you did with your brake conversion to find out about the VT booster bracket mod which I found out Marko does for the conversions. What you typed was confusing if I didn’t know holdens and then you started with the VC 1” m/c debacle and accusations with your assuming low iq mates that I am someone else and that’s ... it <®><®>

Heres some factory facts to clarify your unawareness, All VB-VK 6 n 8 factory 4 wheel disk cars came out with double diaphragm boosters and 15/16” master cylinders .... The rest with rear drum brakes had a single diaphragm booster and the 15/16” master cylinder ....

Only time rear drum brake cars got a d/d booster was if they had been fitted with both the auto and air/con ... Manual cars with air/con just got the single diaphragm booster ...

The d/d booster was from memory 30mm longer than the s/d booster so different m/c brackets were used on the same holes drilled in the strut towers ...

The 1” m/c was used on the TURBO/304 VL’s with the d/d booster. The other VL’s had the s/d booster and 15/16” m/c like previous models hence why people complained gen 1 brakes were ratshit ... hence the upgrade.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS

To jog your memory and help with the OldTimer’sDisease, and for all to see the pm’s we discussed ... Cheers and Beers and keep away from the Queers ....

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Vin999,

hey just wondering if you used the vt b/booster or the larger vs plastic booster with your vt brake conversion, Im about to do the same conversion, cheers vin

vc commodore,

When it was first done, I had the standard VK single diaphram booster, with a 15/16" master cylinder.

From that, I went to the double diaphram VC brake booster and 1" bore master cylinder....This improved the braking nicely.

Besides using the single diaphram brake booster, I wasn't able to bolt the master cylinder upto the bracket on the strut tower, as I believe the car was originally equipped with the double diaphram booster from the factory...

VB through to VS brake boosters are identical....Double diaphram boosters are larger in length.....The only was I can tell if a car was equipped from the factory with one, is actually bolt it up and check if the bracket from the strut tower sits right upto the end of the master cylinder.
So there is something else to consider, when doing the conversion

Vin999,

ah ok, I have done some research from old posts, working and taking old cars apart. Any strut tower bracket is easy to modify and strengthen to fit any booster, no prob there. I have the original metal b/b with 15/16 m/c on a factory 4 disk car (289mm fronts) .

I got a vt v8 b/b and m/c and front disks/new lines of a wrecked vu v8. Also the m/cyl is a bit bigger than 1" and has a fast fill action to suit larger vt disks, better than the old 1"

......trouble is you need to alter the bracket behind booster to the firewall and redrill the in car pedal hole tube from the booster to fit the vt b/b.... so I was just wondering what you did for the booster bracket BUT I see you used your old vc original b/booster with 1" m/c. So looks like I have to source a new 4 bolt bracket or alter the original 1 of the vt booster.

I know most also use larger vs plastic booster with the vt m/c and vt disks but gives a softer weak pedal in old cars.....but I want to use the smaller metal vt v8 booster and m/c as it gives more room to add things near rocker covers on the V8.

vc commodore,

Factory 4 wheel disc cars had an 1" bore M/C from the factory....

Clearance???? The double diaphram boosters came standard of V8's.....My nephew has a VK, fitted with a 304,(from a VS) aftermarket inlet manifold to accept a 4 barrel holley....He has the double diaphram booster, and has plenty of clearance with his right hand tappet cover. IMA, this car is used as a skid car, but all the same, he has the clearance required

As for pedal feel.....I have braided brake lines, from the joiner near the caliper, to the caliper...My pedal feel is nice.....Feels better than standard VT/VZ's....And I drive plenty of these, as my job is tyre fitting, aligning and front end work.
Anyways, I'll leave the final decision upto you

Vin999,

thx yes I know Factory 4 wheel disc cars had an 1" bore M/C which are vl (turbo) to vs. earlier factory 4 wheel disc had 15/16" m/c. All good I made a misteak on the disk size 289mm it should have been 268mm for vb to vk. No worries about the clearance either, the rocker cover has a cut out on booster side.

I just reread your msgs and worked out what you have @ factory vc metal d/d brake booster with a vl to vs 1" m/c hence why you didnt have to alter the booster bracket or pedal rod length, thats great news it works.

I could do the same to mine but as you said its just about one's choice, I want to do the full factory matching VT items, marko on JC does the altered vt booster brackets for gen 1 cars so thats what I will do later at that stage.... thankz for your effort,

vc commodore,

I can assure you I have a VC 1" bore M/C from a factory fitted 4 wheel disc car....I unbolted it myself from a wreck, that had been sitting for 20 years.....Just re-kitted it.
Good luck with the upgrade

Vin999,

factory 1980/1 VC's came out with 15/16 m/c, the 1" came out later only in the factory VL TURBO and used on later models. So if you pulled of a 1" m/c of a VC wreck, somebody changed it before you got it or you did a typo in last message.

My son has a 1988 VL Calais (non turbo) fitted with aftermarket turbo and changed his 15/16" m/c to the VL 1" turbo one and he wasnt happy with the difference so he is going to do the full VT upgrade with the wheel axle hubs (without ABS) to accept the new vt disks.

My 6 cyl SLE is factory with 4 wheel disk brakes with a 15/16" m/c and metal d/d booster. The factory V8 SLE has and uses the same size set up as the 6 cyl sle, thats why I want to upgrade to the larger VT package for my 304 EFI conversion..

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi all,

Have to play Devils advocate here with evidence that supports what member "VC Commodore" suggests and that is that the 1 inch bore unit was already available in VC and VH.

I guess he must be correct or are Holden's own parts books incorrect as well ????

Read the info in the following two images taken direct from "M38325 & M38325F" with the first one being complete replacement cylinders and the second being repair kits for the cylinder assemblies concerned.

IMG_3052.JPG
IMG_3053.JPG

The B, C and H refer to the individual series of V model cars, eg. VB, VC or VH Model Commodore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.