Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS running hot

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Just a slight thing that is bugging me....my temperature gauge likes to creep up now days...even when driving it gets up to half way...then falls, usually stays between 1/4 and 1/2...I don't know whether that is normal, but my VN never runs that hot...all the time

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ive got a similar issue with my car, would like to see if theres an issue with it or just comes standard with the car

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
mine says at a quater all the time expect when ideling for ages it comes up to about just under halfway mark then something kicks in and it drops to the quater again

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
mine says at a quater all the time expect when ideling for ages it comes up to about just under halfway mark then something kicks in and it drops to the quater again

that something would be the main A/C fan, or backup fan...cools the car when the primary fan doesn't keep it cool enough

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
oh ok i hear fans alrdy running when it gets just below halfway without aircon on but it just suddenly drops right down lol something to do with thermosat maybe? i really have no clue but it works well haha

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
All the above are completely normal - that's the way they operate. Normal is that the gauge will sit at 1/4 to 2/3 when warmed up....stop at the lights and temp may creep up to 3/4 when the high speed fan kicks in OR at any time when you turn the aircon on (cool only) the low speed fan turns on. This is with the VS which has a 2 speed cooling fan but VR is similar but with single speed fan.
Good Luck.