Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS S PACK - What's the Difference

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
I have purchased a 1996 Holden Commodore SERIES II.
it has alloy 15' as well as the red stripe and it has a sticker on both sides on the rear door that says 'Sports'

i am not familiar enough with the commodore to know what is standard and what is 'Sports'

as far as i know my S pack is bone stock with no optional extras (doesn't have ABS LSD OR IRS)
and the suspension badge says 'radial tuned suspension' on the dash. it has a raised spoiler not just a lip.

basically what i want to know is; What is the extras (compared to an executive) that come with all S packs, interior and exterior.
and what comes with them as an option? i have searched and searched but i cannot find a thread just about VS S packs in particular.

thanks heaps :boxing:

Last edited:

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
oh and for those who are curios - it has 140,000kms, one owner(old man) and not one scratch or mark on the whole paint or interior. engine bay is spotless, serviced by holden every 5000 with logs. It's white. and i love it :)

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
as far as i know my S pack is bone stock with no optional extras (doesn't have ABS LSD OR IRS)
and the suspension badge says 'radial tuned suspension' on the dash. it has a raised spoiler not just a lip.

basically what i want to know is; What is the extras (compared to an executive) that come with all S packs, interior and exterior.
and what comes with them as an option? i have searched and searched but i cannot find a thread just about VS S packs in particular.
thanks heaps :boxing:

s packs have:
lip kit
bob tail spoiler (optional ss style spoiler)
color coded boot garnish
level 2 dash
different alloy rims
ac as standard i believe
fe2 sports suspension ( 1 inch lower then stock)
color coded mirrors
different seats and door trims
Used Car Research - Used Car Prices - Compare Cars - RedBook.com.au

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
s packs have:
lip kit
bob tail spoiler (optional ss style spoiler)
color coded boot garnish
level 2 dash
different alloy rims
ac as standard i believe
fe2 sports suspension ( 1 inch lower then stock)
color coded mirrors
different seats and door trims
Used Car Research - Used Car Prices - Compare Cars - RedBook.com.au

thank's for the info mate, but what i wanted to know is the difference between an spac and executive, for eg. the seats are different in what way? i have looked up the dask so i know what you mean. i have the spac alloys, an ss spoiler, what is boot garnish? and i believe i have FE2 but my badge inside the car just says radial tuned. what's different about the door trim? and last question do some s packs come without the lip kit? because i don't think i have a lip kit.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
thank's for the info mate, but what i wanted to know is the difference between an spac and executive, for eg. the seats are different in what way? i have looked up the dask so i know what you mean. i have the spac alloys, an ss spoiler, what is boot garnish? and i believe i have FE2 but my badge inside the car just says radial tuned. what's different about the door trim? and last question do some s packs come without the lip kit? because i don't think i have a lip kit.

have a look at this one
1996 Holden Commodore S Series II VS II Cars For Sale in VIC - CarPoint Australia

seats are the same design as standard exec its is pattern on the cloth which is different, door trims and dash and dash are a dark grey.
boot garnsih is between the two lights on the boot lid just above the number plate
check your id plate under suspension it should say fe2.
lip kit was standard on all s pacs, which where either white, black or botanic mica the blue/green color like the car in the ad.
the lip kit is the add-on under the bumper bars and the side.
mechanically they are the same, the s pac is just a tarted up executive

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
ok thank's for all that :) i have heard things about V8 brakes too, but i don't think myne are v8 brakes. also myne definitely doesn't have a lip kit which is weird.. :hmmm:

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
i have the same wheels as that car you linked me, and the same seats. :?