Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs s3 trans pan same as rest of the vs's ?

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
hey im doing a transmission service on my vs tomorrow i did it on my 95 sedan and just having a quick look at the pan they look diffren can any1 tell if its the same or would it be the same as a vt auto transmission pan cheers guys on the build plate the trans code is m30

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
there are 2 pans for the auto. the standard one and a deep one that holds extra fluid. these generally fitted as a option from Holden and probably recommended by Holden to customers who intended to do a lot of towing

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
so theyed have the same gasket you recon ? it is a ex dept of defence car so that could be a added feature

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
may have been a standard option on utility vehicles? not sure. should be the same gasket however the filter should be specific to suit the deep pan

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I think the gasket is the same but the filter on the deep pan has a longer neck. I think the deep pan is also fitted to the V8.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
ok cheers guys gunna make it harder for me to get this done tomorrow knowing this because its gunna be harder to find a filter now

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
if the filter neck is longer would it be ok to use a filter with a shorter neck ?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I don't think so - it may drop out plus it will suck air when cornering. The proper filter will not be hard to get although I did a quick search and all I could find is: Holden VT VX VY Commodore Auto Transmission Service Kit. As yours is a '98 model it prob had the VT box in it.
Why not either contact or visit a Holden place and find what is fitted - then buy wherever you want.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
ok thanks heaps for that mate really got me scratching my head because i was thinking since its 98 it miht of got the vt box aswell ill do that cheers heaps