Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS seats into VK

Phantom VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Does anyone know anything about putting VS seats into a VK? We have installed the drivers seat, but the passenger seat doesnt want to fit! The right hand side sits far lower than the left - any ideas on correcting it?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
get 85 VK seat rails and bolt them onto the VS seat. It should then bolt into the VK.

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Yeah the VK passenger seats are actually offset on their rails to the right, I have a passenger seat as my driver (purely because I had two leather interiors and the passenger seats were in better nick).

Anyway now when I drive the wheel is ever so slightly to the left of the seat. You get used to it haha

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Yeah the VK passenger seats are actually offset on their rails to the right, I have a passenger seat as my driver (purely because I had two leather interiors and the passenger seats were in better nick).

Anyway now when I drive the wheel is ever so slightly to the left of the seat. You get used to it haha

That'd be perfect for all the wogs that lean into the center of the car when they drive! :p

(seriously why do they do that?)

Phantom VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
get 85 VK seat rails and bolt them onto the VS seat. It should then bolt into the VK.

We had a drivers seat as the passenger seat, so went and got an old passenger seat - the rails are welded on, not boted on to the seat. How on earth do we make it work now?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Well find a VL drivers seat, unbolt that and bolt them to you VS seat. Hang on it might be alien bolts.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I have dont this its pretty easy actually but you need a couple of things.

Remove the 2 inner seat rails from the seats and throw them, use the outer rail from the passengers side and bolt it to the drivers side where the inner would go. Then get a pair of rails off a passengers side seat from a 85 model VK and bolt them to the passengers side seat. You use the VS lever on the VK rails no problems.

If your interested I have a pair of seat rails suitable for $30 plus postage.

cheers
Scott