Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Seats Noise

Hgmick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Ute
I know this might sound trivial to some, but the noise from my passenger side seat rails in the ute are driving me crazy. I have pulled the seat out to make sure thats where the noise is coming from and it is. There are two ball bearings in each rail and I can heare them roll up and down the rail when I take off and when I stop. Its only the passenger side causing the issue, I have the seat out thinking i could grease the bearings but the rails do not seem to come apart.
has anyone else had this problem and have a solution. I could buy a new rail but dont wont same problem. any ideas thanks

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
with mine its a rattle.... I fixed it by jamming some foam blocks under the seat base :D
the other common one is the back of the seat bumping back an forth..Ive found a hair scrunchy wrapped around the seat adjustment knob fixes that one lol

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I have that in my wagon's passenger seat for 3 years now and it's been drivin' me crazy. I thought it was just my car and now I hear someone else is suffering the same issue.

I'm glad it's not just me going mad.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I have a similar issue in my VP. I get a rattle which stops if I rest my hand on the upright back of the seat. I might try the hair scrunchy as suggested above. It's surprising how annoying a rattle (in an old and rattly car) can be.