Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs senator 5.7

Jpw23456

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na
hi everyone, I am in the market for one of these bad boys , is there anything I need to look out for issues or concerns ?
The one I am looking at has 200000klms will this be fine as a cruiser or will I need to spend cash on the motor/ gearbox (auto)

Thanks for any help

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
200k is only half way through it’s life providing it has been looked after.

Biggest things to check are the hsv specific parts. Front/rear bumpers, sideskirts and interior are the big ones. Very expensive and hard to come across in good condition. For a 220i, expect to pay 18-28k depending on condition.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Old adage of whatever you're willing to pay...

Some cars could be trashed under 100k mark while other could be going strong at 300k although that is when most start to really need coin thrown at them at things start to wear out/break/leak.

ahem 215i is 5.7 stroker for vr/s models although I'd be checking it's a real deal Senator & then double check 5.7 not 5 litre as people like to change the 215i engine covers/decals

check logbooks/manuals & give call HSV

Seen a really nice fully optioned vs senator go for 17k although owner was in a rough spot & had to sell.

Jpw23456

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na
The one i am looking into is on car sales for 32k cherry black auto in tassie which is a pain but i really like the cherry black

Thanks for your responses gents

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
For 32K I would imagine you would be up closer to GTS. 32k is a lot of money for an older car.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
^^^ For a brieif second thought you'd given up on vr/s to become a vt fanboi

Can understand 30k for six speed GTS depending on colour/trim/mileage...end of the day it all comes down the fact is that car worth it to you as we're not the one forking out the coin.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Well currently building a stroker for the vs but also have the vt 220i so I swing both ways lol

The stroker Holden is the only vt I like. Got a vx ss too but plan to sell that one. The ls just doesn’t have the character of the older ones lol

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Cherry black = right up there for/ in demand.
Right up there in price ( maybe a bit much) , depends how much you want/ is worth to you , certainly would help if it has every option.

Ask for chasis # and ring hsv , they'll tell you not only if genuine but also what specs / options it was fitted with new .

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
For 32K I would imagine you would be up closer to GTS. 32k is a lot of money for an older car.

Thought $38,000 was quite alot less than 5 years ago for a torrie gtr , now look what people are asking.

Age old pay what you're happy to pay for the car you want to own and use , if it proves to be a good investment that's a bonus.
But yeah also helps to ask questions and do research.