Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Senator - Door Allingment

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What I found when aligning panels and bumpers is it is best to have a second person. I would have found it easier with someone else pushing on the panel while I tightened the bolts. It can be done on your own but it is tricky at times.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Heck mine were poorly aligned but a novice painter and mechanics arsehole, at best am I, and I now have them looking pretty good.......

That's the spirit !

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Didn’t they come out of the factory with crap panel gaps when compared to jap cars of the day? :p
Maybe the Executive/Acclaim/S were crap, but one would expect they lined up a Stato better.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
One would expect every car that left the factory to have properly aligned doors and it would've been picked up before the car left the plant, or at least as a fault by the dealer who accepted the car off the truck when it arrived .

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
True @vs-lover but standards were somewhat more lax back then, so some variances were aceptable.

And doubt a caprice would have been treated any differently to the commodore either at panel stamping, body production or running down the line... so panel gaps would have been to the same standard as the run of the mill commies.