Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs series 111 Ute 2000 model

obieezx11

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore
Hi all my Ute is on gas its a vapor system when I got it.it idled on gas no prob then I changed the plugs and leads fuel and air filters after that it decided it didn't want to on gas any longer and the only way I could get it to run on gas was to get it up to around 80kmh and switch to gas this was fine for about 2000km till the other day it backfired twice I checked the air box and it was cracked so I used plastex to fix it no problem there but now it won't run at all on gas unless you take it up to about 140kmh and switch it over then its ruff..
Also the motor has a slight miss in it just isn't running right I was wondering if any of you guys had any idea why it would just stop running on gas and why it has a miss on petrol I used to have a vs sedan and it always run beautifully is to why I brought the vs Ute thanks in advance to all that answer its driving me nutts.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Similar leads?
Spark plugs gapped the same as the old ones?

Id look at plugs mainly.

obieezx11

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore
year the leads are factory Holden leads except they are 9mm the plug gaps i wasent aware i had to check them what should they be and ill pull them out again and check them thanks heaps by the way