Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS series lll V8 5spd ute cam package

Timbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute V8 manual & Vl walkinshaw
Been trying all day to attach idle video but always tells me it to large ?? Must be easier way ..

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Been trying all day to attach idle video but always tells me it to large ?? Must be easier way ..
Upload it on youtube and share the link. I'm keen to hear it cause I have the same cam sitting in there now waiting for a new timing chain to arrive. I'm getting impatient haha.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I never ended up getting dyno numbers but she gets down and boogies now .. 1st gear is insane .. good luck with yours .
I really don't care about the figures I just want more torque lol.
Has it really made that much difference? Actually I don't wanna know I'll be patient and wait and see myself haha.
It really has a nice lobe, not too crazy but more than I expected. Gotta be happy with it.

Timbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I really don't care about the figures I just want more torque lol.
Has it really made that much difference? Actually I don't wanna know I'll be patient and wait and see myself haha.
It really has a nice lobe, not too crazy but more than I expected. Gotta be happy with it.
That was a cold idle .I took it for a 40km run yesterday and jumped out to hear it idle and it sounded even better . You can definitely feel power gain . I didn't get a chip package so I'm keen to see the results there as well...

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
That was a cold idle .I took it for a 40km run yesterday and jumped out to hear it idle and it sounded even better . You can definitely feel power gain . I didn't get a chip package so I'm keen to see the results there as well...
Sounds great. So is this untuned? (sorry at work and haven’t had a chance to read back through thread lol)

Timbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds great. So is this untuned? (sorry at work and haven’t had a chance to read back through thread lol)
Mine is tuned but had original ecu reprogrammed using kalmaker software didn't get the chip package with my cam . Very happy with results