Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS small oil leak

Frog201

Reaction score
HI

I have a 95 vs commodore and it's leaking engine oil i think its one of the seals
it only leaks overnight and it's only one or two drops

What could be the problem and how can i fix it

thanks

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Oil filter a bit loose? Otherwise degrease/clean up the engine and then spot the leak easily after a reasonable drive.

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Just tighten your rocker covers to make sure. Don't do them up too tight thou you will root the gasket.

Deano3350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Berlina
I just changed my inlet manifold gasket cause that was leaking oil, it can make it look like its coming from everywhere

Jacko84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina soon to be 5L
rocket covers can be a main problem on the VS or Rear main seal tighten rocket cover bolts, clean engine bay and report after that

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
As above, you need to get some cans of degreaser and clean down any oily gluggy areas where it could be leaking, then hose it off. Have a look in a few days and see where the oil is coming from. If its coming out of the bottom of the bellhousing and its engine oil, then it will probably be the rear main seal. IMO not worth touching till its really running out, cause it costs a pretty penny to replace that one cause it will be an engine out job. I just got a galvinised tray in my shed with some sand in it. Does the job and i dont worry about it.