Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS speedo giving an incorrect reading...

gtsmoker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS - Anthracite
Hi guys,

Just bought a vs II acclaim, when i am getting up to 60km/h the speed alert kicks in when the analog dial reads 55... Guessing my actual speed being about 61km/h

Which one do i believe? Is this normal or can i get it fixed somewhere. I dont want to get a ticket!

gtsmoker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS - Anthracite
yeah thats the profile mate. I cant work it out, would it more likely be the speed alert or the analog dial? im thinking the speed alert, but really i have no idea..

gtsmoker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS - Anthracite
did the code check and it gave me 1 flash followed by 2 then a break and then repeated. So i guess that is 12 meaning no issues....

appreciating your help mate

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
cool, ok try starting it in diagnostic mode.

put the key in the ignition
hold mode and set on your trip computer
start the car
you should now have various new and exciting readings on your digital dash
keep pressing mode and scrolling through until you see speedo, should say 0km/h (unless you're moving when you do this lol)

go for a drive and compare the reading of the digital speedo to the analogue one.

all assuming you have a l3 cluster haha

gtsmoker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS - Anthracite
I only have a standard acclaim, i have a set button on the speed alert but i dont see a mode button anywhere.....is this for a stato dash??

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The speed alert on the lower end commodores also has a digital speedo mode,just hold all the buttons in on the speed alert module whilst you start the car.I cant remember the exact process,but I think that after holding them for about 10 seconds, you then just press the set button, and it should change to 0km/h on the LCD reading.Some speed alert modules will set to a permanent speedo mode,and theres also some other speed alert modules that will only set to speedo mode temporarily with a flashing orange light,and these type will revert back to the speed alert function once the ignition key is turned off.Also if holding the 3 buttons in doesnt work,just try holding in the two outer (arrow) buttons in whilst starting the car.