Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Spoiler an Aftermarket MOD??

Bob129

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
Hey guys, looking at lowering my car, sent AAMI who im insured with to see how low i could go and i get this back:
"Any modification to a car that changes the car from a “standard manufacturer's model” is subject to limitations related to the age of the driver. AAMI restricts the number of modification to a maximum of one for drivers under the age of 25. Your policy currently has a spoiler added as a modification."
This is the spoiler here:

Its just a standard commodore spoiler...surely wouldnt count as non-standard?? Ive got VZ sv6 17" rims, tinted windows and a tow bar under "non-standard accessories", surely my spoiler is less "hotted up" then my rims??

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Cheers,
Rob

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
dude thats harsh! umm no idea how to dodge that but you got me thinkin now. i havent told my insurance that my utes had a spoiler added or the hardtop for that matter. have to get on to that monday! my spoiler similar to yours so we'll se how i go.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Have you spoken to them? AAMI aren't too bad on the phone, just ring em up and say it's a factory spoiler, fitted out of the showroom and was there when you got it.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
there is no way around 1 modification with aami, i tried it and they told me to get lost but said i got till the end of next bill to get lost since i only just paid for it. they will check it up on the system to find out if it was factory or not by looking at www.redbook.com.au