Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Sports Exhaust

harvs01

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6, with 19' VY Maloo Mags
HEY GUYS,
JUST WONDERING IF ITS WORTH GETTING A 2 1/2" SPORTS EXHAUST ON MY VS S PAC V6 FROM THE CAT BACK> :confused:

WILL MOST LIKELY GET EXTRACTORS PUT ON LATER TO
COULD U GUYS GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK ON UR OPINION AND OR EXPERIENCES

THANKING U IN ADVANCED

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
Well, all the exhaust is gonna do from the cat back is give you a better sound. If you can put up with stock until you put the extractors on, it'll probably be better. Well that depends...would you get a new cat as well as the extractors (i recomend to), if so, do it all at once, coz it'll save welding it on, then off then on again. You gotta remember that each time they take welded parts apart, you loose strength, add time and personally i dont like doing it very often at all.

slaben

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
I dont know what this guys talking about^^^, I put a 2.5 inch cat back on my VS, and it definately made a considerable difference in performance. No doubt it made a difference in power. It also made it sound way tougher too. Its worth it for sure, only costs nearly 300 bucks its worthwhile for sure.

Bakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII Ute
Unless you're planning on going forced induction don't worry about getting a high flow cat for your exhaust, even then you wouldn't necessarily need one if you used twin cats. It's accepted by many that the stock V6 cats are quite good at breathing and upgrading to a high flow would gain little. If you have the money for a cat back exhaust, go for it. If you try to save to do the whole thing at once you may find you'll blow your money on something else.

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
I have replaced the cat with a VN style flanged cat. The original cat was welded on but for $30 I had a mate at the exhaust shop fit a flange to the original "Y" pipe and flange the standard pipe. The VS style cat looked as though the outlet was like only a 1.6" !! The only other mod's to the exhaust has been to remove the rear muffler. Removing the rear muffler gave me a little noise and only a slight gain in power feel. Replaceing the cat gave me more pull in the mid-high rev range with a slight decrease in the low rev range. Go for a cat, 2.5" exhaust and leave the extractors, the original headers flow well for what they are and the outlet on the "Y" pipe is 2.5"

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
michelson, so you reckon just a cat-back and a new cat should do the job?

personally i was looking at getting just a cat-back.

also i've heard re-mapping the shift points is more cost effective than a shift kit but i figured that'd be bull because with a shift kit it "clutches" faster and also part of the kit is a strengthening of the components which i considered more favorable.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
get extractors and a 2.5" cat back. Just keep the stock cat.

P

pookie_1

well i got the cat back but then it was soundin tinny so i got the extractors and it heaps better so i would go for them if i was u..................it cos a lil more but it worth it in the long run for the sound