Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs squealy back brakes

R

robbo1

hi i bought a vs ute and the back brakes were squealing like anything so i changed the pads (that didnt work) so now ive changed the rear rotors and pads again (that didnt work) then i tried anti squeal (that hasnt worked) so i need some help could it be anthing else as now its getting worse and ima gunna burn it soon (joke) PLEASE ITS DRIVING ME MAD ((((((HELP)))))

thanx robbo1:b:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Its not the drum brake (handbrake) linings or shoes rubbing? It may also be the suspension bushes especially if they are urethane or poly and not standard rubber. Good Luck.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Type of pad ? I had some 'premium pads' fitted at my local brake place. Cost $99. They soon started to squeal so I took them back. They said they'd replace them - they had no 'premium' left so they fitted me 'premium plus' at no extra cost. Not long till they started to squeal (not quite as bad) I then bought some pads off ebay (kevlar sumthin' or the other) and not a peep of a squeak since.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
There was a post we did on this a few weeks back where one member had a really good list. Came down to a number of things. I have the same problem. One suggestion was to put something like a brick next to the brake rotor and rotate it by hand. See if it moves closer to the brick and then further. I had my pads replaced and the rotor machined but the problem returned after a few weeks. I remember when i first started driving i slid out and did a 180 and hit the rear wheel pretty hard side on to the gutter, and I think this is where my problem started. Something not straight anymore. Doesnt bother me too much because my windows are usually up, but can be really annoying when the windows are down.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
my ute screettches! under brakes sometimes. im sick of trying to fix it. i just got used to it.