Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ss autotrans wiring harness cut

Ssvsss1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ss
Hi guys im new here im having abit of a hard time.
I have bought a vs ss with the transmissiin unable to select 3 4 and 5th if it has 5th, i was told it has a turbo 700 transmission in it and when i had it on the hoist i relised there where no wiring going to the trans....
i have bought a 4l60e auto trans for it thats apparently been rebuild and tried to install it however found that the wiring harness to the transmission has been cut off with wires dangling everywhere. I have now bought a 304 wiring loom from a wrecker who knew the models well, but when i went to put it on ut is different to the one i have on my vs. Could someone please educate me on this dilema if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached diagrams may be of assistance to you. I've included the VT diagram as it's better quality and easier to read. I think the VS information is the same as the VT but I haven't examined it thoroughly:

VS Commodore:
VS Transmission Internal Wiring Harness.jpg
VT Commodore:
VT Transmission Internal Wiring Harness.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can't confirm with the V8 but on the V6 if they have given you a VR harness it won't work on a VS trans.

Ssvsss1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ss
Thank you for the direction fellas, appreciate it.
i tried to get one from wrecker but he only had vt which we thought was the same but no luck and the harness from another vr statesman was also different with the vs ss harness running 2 wires seperate from the firewall to ignition module and then injector wiring runs around the from of engine and loops back around... hopefully can find one soon or even just the wiring plug for trans. Thanks again for your replys and data .

Ssvsss1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ss
Hi guys, so i put in the trans and couldnt source a vs ss wiring harness so i had to use a vr ss wiring loom ( vr ss is what i was told anyway so not 100% sure because i never seen the car..) however just chopped the wiring harness to trans and connected to old wiring handing off my vs and most of the wire colors matched except 4 of them and i sort of just guessed them however its stuck in 2 and only sometimes goes to 3rd or 4th (not sure) and i have a 73 dtc code on the scan tool so im guessing i have the wiring wrong?
Does anyone have a trans diagram for vr ss i could please check out?
Thanks

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
This wouldn't by any chance be a Panther Mica SS in Perth ?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Pretty much thought it might be.