Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Ss: Can I Drive One On My P's?

D

d hsv

If someone could give me the tare weight and power in kilowatts I can work it out for myself. I've heard both yes and no, so I'm a bit lost! Cheers!

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
168 kw
1483kg kerb mass

looks like you're OK, info from carsales.com.au car research tool

D

d hsv

Thanks mate. Now I've just got to work out the insurance!

O

onezero

In WA there aren't any rules for hp/kg restrictions... just wondering what they were over east?

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
125 kw/tonne is the limit over here in victoria, i think it's the same in NSW

thing is they don't really specify whether it's dry or kerb (wet?) weight, i assume the power is at the flywheel but again it's not spec'd

D

d hsv

Also the largest engine size ur allowed is 3.5L/tonne.

Bloody politicians. I'm 20 and I'm a better driver than many people twice my age. And yes, I do realise that I'm not invincible. But I know when to slow down, and when to speed up, and I'm aware of everything around me. (Probably comes from riding road bikes) That's more than I can say about alot of other people, who cruise around with no idea of whats happening anywhere but dead ahead of them.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i'm in part-agreement with those limits. when i was on Ps i drove a 302 XA fastback. i was out of control

while ive always considered myself a competent driver i certainly used to negate that by taking risks. people used to pull over when they saw me fill their mirrors with a speed-striped XA coupe! i never had a major crash, still haven't. (touch wood)

D

d hsv

When I first got my P's I was an idiot, granted, but now I've slowed down alot (after losing my license). I am sensible enough to handle a higher powered car. A lot of my mates probably aren't though. Maybe they should just have the restrictions until age 20 though, not 21, when most people have gotten over the whole "look at me, look how fast and how sideways I can go" stage (to a certain extent )

R

Robbie

Well I seem to find that a lot of the idiots tend to stay idiots when they turn 21, and 31, and 41.... It isn't their age or driving ability that is the problem...

Some insurance companies offer free advanced driving courses... I know AAMI does one... and then they reduce your premium... I don't know how good they are definately a good theory....

but I must say this is all news to me on restrictions, i am in NSW and didn't know of any restrictions but I did my time about 3 yrs ago on L's and P's... so it could all be different now anyway....