Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ss completely dies well driving

kaipara

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
hi all, my vs ss dies well driving sometimes it will start up drive like nothing even happened sometimes it wont start for hours when it doesn't start it fires but wont turn over has plenty of fuel coming through and plenty of spark, I've tried different ignition modules. what would be the next step? any advice welcomed. also i bridged the 5 n 6 pins to get error codes had a long list which didn't help.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sounds like the classic failing Hall Effect Sensor in the distributor problem. You can remove, disassemble and replace the sensor. However, given the age of the car, a better option is to replace the distributor with a new one, which also comes with a new distributor cap and rotor.

kaipara

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
Yes.

I had to replace mine at ~195k kms and ~260k kms.

o very common then. ok thank you. mines at 111k been parked for few years as nobody could find problem. fingers crossed this solves the mystery

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Also, you might want to pay attention to the long list of error codes and get the causes sorted.

kaipara

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
Also, you might want to pay attention to the long list of error codes and get the causes sorted.
the majority of them where low voltage, which not long after the alternator packed up so thought that's the faults maybe. I will get on top of them codes and a new distributor

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Also check the wires and connectors at the coil. On mine one of the crimped-on connections was corroded and was causing the same engine cutting out while driving and would then come good if you waited 10 mins or so.
Cheers.