Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SS factory car alarm

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
hey guys
I have a VS SS series 1 and i have the big black horn thing mounted on the passenger side strut tower, does that mean I have an alarm? If so its never worked but I would love to know if it is and try get it working. If anyone knows how to activate it or get it fixed please help me out :)
Cheers in advance!

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
hey guys
I have a VS SS series 1 and i have the big black horn thing mounted on the passenger side strut tower, does that mean I have an alarm? If so its never worked but I would love to know if it is and try get it working. If anyone knows how to activate it or get it fixed please help me out :)
Cheers in advance!

Yeah sounds like the factory alarm. I had the same deal in my VS Berlina a few years back. If you want to activate it, lock your doors but make sure the drivers window is down, then reach into the car, manually unlock the door from the inside, and the indicators should start flashing and the horn should start blaring....

If you have a look in your owners manual it should have a description, as x number of indicator flashes mean a particular point of entry, ie doors, bonnet, boot etc

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
Yeah sounds like the factory alarm. I had the same deal in my VS Berlina a few years back. If you want to activate it, lock your doors but make sure the drivers window is down, then reach into the car, manually unlock the door from the inside, and the indicators should start flashing and the horn should start blaring....

If you have a look in your owners manual it should have a description, as x number of indicator flashes mean a particular point of entry, ie doors, bonnet, boot etc

Just tried that but it didnt work...
Thinking maybe the wires have been cut? or maybe there is a sequence of things you have to do to turn it on. I dont have an owners manual, will check both the gregory's manual and max ellery's one and see what I come up with!

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just tried that but it didnt work...
Thinking maybe the wires have been cut? or maybe there is a sequence of things you have to do to turn it on. I dont have an owners manual, will check both the gregory's manual and haynes one and see what I come up with!

hmm that is strange... I'm assuming that you used the key fob to lock the car? Maybe try waiting 30 seconds or so, I don't think the alarm comes on instantly.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Whats a key fob? I havent tried waiting 30 seconds so ill do that as well

As in locking the car with the LOCK button on the key... as opposed to manually locking the door using the key in the door lock.

I think the alarm comes on 10 or 20 seconds later from memory.

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
As in locking the car with the LOCK button on the key... as opposed to manually locking the door using the key in the door lock.

I think the alarm comes on 10 or 20 seconds later from memory.

yepyep im using the remote, still doesnt work after waiting like a minute. dunno what is stopping it from working...
do you know if there is an activation/deactivation sequence you can do?
maybe its just turned off...

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
yepyep im using the remote, still doesnt work after waiting like a minute. dunno what is stopping it from working...
do you know if there is an activation/deactivation sequence you can do?
maybe its just turned off...

Nah as far as I know its always on, just like the standard immobiliser system, they go hand in hand, if one is on, the other is too.

The only thing I can think of is that the car maybe had an after market alarm in it at some stage, and that the factory alarm had been disconnected...

The best security for the VS was the deadlock system anyway, you lock the car with the keypad, and then insert the key into the lock and twist towards the back of the car, and it locks down all the interior locks, full stop. You can't even force them open from inside the car, so don't ever do this with anyone in the car... but it certainly slows down a thief as its not a simple case of smash the window and pop the lock up, as it won't budge.

bills vp calias

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
do as he said lock the doors and open from inside but try to start the car, the alarm shld pick up someone trying to start a car which is alarmd