Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ss fault Code 33 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) - Voltage Too High

dano vs ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vl turbo
hey guys i recently changed my headgasket and after putting the engine back together i have this code and its pissing me off cause i cant figure out what it is exactly can some one please help me ??

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Check the MAP sensor wiring and vacuum hose to make sure theyre all connected properly.

dano vs ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vl turbo
i checked all the vacuum lines and all seem to be ok and connected properly the map sensor plug wires are ok no rust/corrosion and i plug it back in ??? what else couild it be cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The VR/VS V6/V8 workshop manual says to check the MAP sensor, you connect 12 volt power to MAP sensor terminal C. Then check the voltage reading between MAP sensor connectors A and B. The reading should be between 3 volts to 5.5 volts. The voltage should drop as vacuum is applied to the snesor, if it doesnt drop , the sensor needs replacing. Im not too sure which terminals are A, B and C on the MAP sensor plug.