Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SS T5 lost all gears

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Hey guys, been ALONG time since I was in here..

Long story short, Car had sat for quite a while (like a couple of years)(but started regulary, just not moved), jumped in it to take it for a drive - around 40km round trip. decided to pop into someones place for a visit around 3km's from home. Car ran and drove perfectly the entire time.

Parked behind someone and they had to leave, so hopped in, reversed out onto the road, then drove back in.. no problem.

When time to leave, say an hour later, hoped in car, reversed out into the road, again no problem, put it into first.. Nothing,, ****, ok try 2nd, nothing, 3rd nothing... so ill back it down the road closer to the kerb.. no reverse either, This was yesterday, so we towed it into the driveway..

Am going back later today, or tomorrow to have a look as it was getting dark. Any pointers?

Ill start with the obvious first, clutch cable, get someone to clutch it while I check out the selector fork.

I dont think it is a worn fork, but not going to rule that out.

The clutch was a pretty new exeedy Job ... HD .. so kinda ruling that out too.

Im thinking maybe the presure plate springs have let go, but would have thought this would dropped the pedal - hey maybe it did, cant remember, only saw red haha

any other thoughts before a rip it out..