Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ss trans reco

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Re oil leak - should not be the rear seal as they would have checked that when fitting the transmission...probably either a loose oil filter or a leaking oil pressure switch (above the filter). Both can and will leak....I've had 3 Ryco oil filters loosen on me lately....the new ones are made in China.
It would be nice to know how water got in the trans - cooler in radiator leaking?

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
Looks like you've got a few choices there - last quote seems the best as it's the cheapest (that always appeals to me!). Shift kits make changes more positive which means they are less 'mushy' - the factory builds in the 'mushy' feel to reduce shocks on the transmission and make it last longer (thats the theory).
Re coolers I'm with Gus the Snail - unless towing or pushing the trans the factory setup will be OK...if yours is a series 2 VS you will already have an external cooler fitted....
In the end the life of the trans depends 90% on the driver so it's up to you.
Hope it all goes well.

yeh i think they kept it with soft shifts for a smoother ride as well for all the older nanna drivers and so forth. spose they are family cars!