Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs SS Ute Cruise Control

S

SS UTE

Hi all new to the site after a cruise control kit for my ute its a 98 VS SS ute doesn't have cruise and would like to put it on is it simple i heard the wiring is all there under the colum and the plug is under the bonnet, any help would be great and were i could get the parts aswell.
Cheers:yeah:

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Try the wreckers and pick up some genuine parts :)

S

SS UTE

Any suggestions down in Melbourne recomendations as in were to go for the parts.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Auto or Manual? You will need the control box, cables, brake switch (and clutch if you have it), control stalk, etc.
Look on ebay there are a few blokes who have wiring kits to suit with instructions.
AirStrike :air:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
SS UTE said:
Any suggestions down in Melbourne recomendations as in were to go for the parts.
Talk to CommWreak in Airport West mate, they know there stuff and will have everything you need instore.
AirStrike :air:

S

SS UTE

its a manual and i saw a kit on ebay its for a V6 will it still work and im not sure if the plug under the bonnet is definetly the write one is there any specs any were stating that it should have the harness.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Check under the bonnet for the actuator plug it should be located in the loom somewhere like in the diagram http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=6163&d=1127345326 its for a v6 but the plug should be in the loom in the same place...the actuator is mounted in a different position close to the lefthand strut tower but the plug should be there if it is wired for cruise control

S

SS UTE

Thanks for the help and the diagram, just hoping now that a V6 unit is the same as a V8 one cause i found one.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heres the v8 install I think the actuator stepper motor units are the same

Last edited:
S

SS UTE

Thanks hard to tell but i thnk your write now just have to find one