Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SS vs HSV MANTA

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
what are the differances between the 2 if any

im interested in buying a Manta but if there is no differance i might look at a SS as they are cheaper.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
dont think there is alot of difference between the 2, they pretty much look the same, but its either if u want a hsv or not...if it was me i would pick a vs ss manual, panthermica or white hmmm lol

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Pretty much just a different grille, interior, and you get the 185i which was just hsv headers, exhaust, and a tune

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
dont think there is alot of difference between the 2, they pretty much look the same, but its either if u want a hsv or not...if it was me i would pick a vs ss manual, panthermica or white hmmm lol

i used to have white vr ss manual that car was great. i do like the SS's but a bit this manta is nice just unsure if its worth paying the extra just cause its a HSV would it hold it value a bit better

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Well,the higher asking prices compared to the SS model answers your question in itself.They do seem to hold their value quite well,maybe a little overinflated seeing as some of the earlier LS1 powered commos are starting to fall into the early HSV price bracket.....

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'd go for the Manta ;). There isn't really much difference apart from what has been said, HSV exhaust, headers, tune etc...different front grille/bar as well, never seen a manta come stock with foggies and bezels either...so..yeah

I'd go the Manta anyday, they're rare and hold their value. If you don't care then I'd say get the SS just because the Manta is the sort of car that you'd buy if 'You especially wanted a Manta'

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
the Manta's had an upgraded interior also

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Theres only one time when a manta is the car you'd choose over an SS, and thats when its a rare manta wagon ;) Factory airbag suspension ftw!

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Theres only one time when a manta is the car you'd choose over an SS, and thats when its a rare manta wagon ;) Factory airbag suspension ftw!

mate had one in Port Augusta black manual, got hit on the highway way n wrote off, the insurence didn't believe he had a wagon because there's no record of them. He had to get the papper work from HSV to make the claim