Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SS wont start after been driven for 30 mins

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
ignition module is very common thing to happen in the 5ltrs the silver box on the passenger strut tower. they can overheat and fail. when it cools down it works again

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
coil or ignition module i reckon......had the same problem with mine,changed both,but coil was the fault.....not sure about you but I have quite large hands,so i found it easier to lengthen the coil wires and mount a coil on the firewall/inner gaurd area,its a bitch to get to in the factory location

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
coil or ignition module i reckon......had the same problem with mine,changed both,but coil was the fault.....not sure about you but I have quite large hands,so i found it easier to lengthen the coil wires and mount a coil on the firewall/inner gaurd area,its a bitch to get to in the factory location

mines already moved to the firewall when I bought it :D. might change the whole lot when I can so I know all is new and good