Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS stalling and is now not turning over

Besty

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Hi guys, yesterday I picked up my 95 Vs, after a bit of driving I noticed it didn't start up as easy as when I test drove it, today I've had the car idle rough then stall both when ive been stationary and when I've been moving. I was assuming it may be a issue with the fuel pump but the car stalled and then wouldn't even turn over, just a slight click, I'm wondering if that's the starter motor gone or just the battery completely dead (battery is charging Over night)

Any idea what the Problem is? Is it one problem or seperate issues?

Cheers Besty

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman....L67 VS Berlina
Was the car Hot/Warm when it stalled and when you tried to start it if so i would probally be thinking Crank Angle Sensor

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 (vz monaro themed)
has the battery got charge? could be the alternator. there is a sticky thread about a common alternator fault.

when checking the battery check the acid levels too

Besty

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
@ GunnaBeSumthingVP: yea its after ive been driving for about 5-10 min but if i stop and let it sit for about 5 minutes it starts up.

@patskies: it should, i had it on overnight charge and its still just making a single click and and now even clicking over. my m8 jezza is coming and ill tri his battery incase its just my battery thats completly stuffed. yea the plates are covered so it should b ok. BTW it looks like it also has a new alternator...

cheers boys

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman....L67 VS Berlina
try the new battery.. if that fails i would say about 70% sure its you CAS they stuff up all the time
happened in my vp after about 20 mins of driving it would stop let it stand for 5 mins and pour
some water on the CAS and boom starts again..

Besty

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
well i replaced the starter motor, still stuffed... battery is fine and so are fuses.

i guess its a matter of working from the starter motor all the way bak to the ignition....

AqaumarineVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
CAS for sure

VTCommoDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE
I had the same thing. Car would run rough as and conk out. Mechanics couldnt find the answer. Then I bought some carby cleaner and cleaned out the throttle and EGR. It was blocked with crap from over the years. All the carbon poured out. It was hard to start afterwards, and blew a massive cloud of thick smoke, but then it ran like a new car.