Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS starts then stalls

DJ-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem V6
My VS starts, idles rough then stops. Will start again - and stalls again. Plugs ok. Checked codes got 12 only 6 times - no others. It sounds and feels like fuel problems but fuel pump runs ok for 2 secs with ign on as it should and I can feel pulses in hose. Haven't checked pressure yet - that's a pain. All key fuses and relays ok. What should I check next. CAS voltages ??.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
My car was doing this only a week ago. My problem was that the air intake hose had come off. Easy thing to spot though, so I'd imagine that wouldn't be the issue in your case, or you woulda found it already.

You say you checked all the spark plugs, I'm not sure where to go from where you are, except maybe injectors or something, or it could be that your fuel pump is on the way out. Someone on here will be able to help you more than I can, I'm sure.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i reckon your fuel pump is stuffed,

sounds exactly the same as what my mates vr was doing, which turned out to be the pump, it could build up enough pressure when the car was off, so when you start it it runs for a little bit, but cant keep the pressue up when the car is running

DJ-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem V6
Thanks Guys, I will try to check that fuel pressure next - before I rip out the pump - if I can disconnect that (not so) "quick connector" on the fuel hose (near the brake booster). I tried today but it wouldn't release with a dodgy 'pen top' tool - as descibed in Gregorys.

hagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais v8
cas or injectors mate had same problem changed both and was all good

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
hit the unlock button on your key just before you wack it in and turn.

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
i have the same problem so as like u guys said might b the fuel pump so im gonna change that, but i dont know much about commodores so could anyone tell me were the pump is ???

cheers

sparksy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais series 1 3.8
ok i got the same problem a new pump / spark plugs / new coilpack / new map senser / new filter's looked for leaks and cant find any im a bit lost on wot to try next but it will start then stop 5 times or so then runs fine and i have even tryed the relays and ecu and still no luck