Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs statesman 6ltr or l67 conversion

Danny3977

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina 5.7 - vs stato v6 manual - vs stato 5lt
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I need help making a final decision based on cost (what extra parts I need ect)

I have a vs statesman I originally was going to supercharged l67 with a getrag 5 speed behind it.

I have in the shed an
- l67 (wich needs new heads)
- the wiring loom
and well pre much everything else I need from a donor vt Calais supercharged wreck and got the loom to suit.
Also
- getrag 5speed Inneed of a new clutch
- pedal box ect
In the other corner I got
- 6ltr ls2 from a crewman wreck (have whole car)
- t56 6speed (I think it is, also in need of a new clutch)

What are the pros and cons of each conversion and pointers will be helpful and hopfuly point my head in the right direction.

So far I was leaning towards l67 as I've been told the conversion kit for ls2 is $2k roughly then I need a new flex plate to re-mount the starter motor, custom exhaust and I'm guessing I need to modify the crewman loom and comp to suit vs.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you! Any suggestions and your valuble time wil be greatly appreciated

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
The LS2 will also need an engineers certificate.
Easiest and cheapest is L67.
But if you want power and can work electrical, also willing to pay a little.more go the LS2.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The LS2 is a much more difficult job.....it's not as simple as those conversion kits make it seem.......The adverage cost I have seen of an LS2/6L conversion is around $10-12k if you do it yourself as you still need a full custom exhaust (for a decent exhaust for an LS2 made up and fit look at around 1-2k right there), tune, driveline mods etc (there is also hundreds of fiddly little jobs that need to be done to get everything to work properly)

The L67 will be essentially a straight drop in and loom up job