Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Statesman Climate Control

hsv Stato fnq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS statesman hsv
Hello and thanks for the help,
My VS Stato's climate control has been playing up for the last few months and now its not turning on at all.
When it started playing up a few months ago the CC unit would blink on and off about 10 -15 times with an in-time clicking and hissing coming from behind the radio. It would only last 20 seconds and then come good. If I could press the A/C button to turn the compressor OFF by chance when the screen is flashed up during this period, the screen would stay on, the fan blows and the air can be directed as normal. As soon as I pressed the A/C button to turn the compressor back ON - it would go back to its blinking.
Over the last few months it has slowly got worse and was taking up to 5 minutes to come good.
It doesn't operate at all now so I have removed the relay box which was the source of the clicking. I removed it, cleaned it and replaced the foam. I have cleaned up the terminals on the CC unit.
When I was fault finding I noticed that if I was to turn the ignition to ON (car not running) with the CC unit unplugged, the relay box didn't have a fit. With the car still on I plugged in the CC unit and it started going off again.
My new CC unit should be here early this week, for $40 I will try that first before I pull the dash apart again looking for a vacuum leak.
Does anyone know the usual vacuum leak spots to check?

Thanks
Matt

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Paul Henry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs statesman
Hello and thanks for the help,
My VS Stato's climate control has been playing up for the last few months and now its not turning on at all.
When it started playing up a few months ago the CC unit would blink on and off about 10 -15 times with an in-time clicking and hissing coming from behind the radio. It would only last 20 seconds and then come good. If I could press the A/C button to turn the compressor OFF by chance when the screen is flashed up during this period, the screen would stay on, the fan blows and the air can be directed as normal. As soon as I pressed the A/C button to turn the compressor back ON - it would go back to its blinking.
Over the last few months it has slowly got worse and was taking up to 5 minutes to come good.
It doesn't operate at all now so I have removed the relay box which was the source of the clicking. I removed it, cleaned it and replaced the foam. I have cleaned up the terminals on the CC unit.
When I was fault finding I noticed that if I was to turn the ignition to ON (car not running) with the CC unit unplugged, the relay box didn't have a fit. With the car still on I plugged in the CC unit and it started going off again.
My new CC unit should be here early this week, for $40 I will try that first before I pull the dash apart again looking for a vacuum leak.
Does anyone know the usual vacuum leak spots to check?

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt, I have the exact same problem. Driving me crazy & the hot weather is coming.
Did you fix yours ? If so , What did you do ?
Cheers Paul

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
hsv Stato fnq was last seen:
Mar 22, 2018
send him a PM

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You can purchase a used module for around $60-100 on eBay.

Donnabell87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
My father had something similar, only his air conditioner didn't respond to touch at all. Dad had been saving for a car for a very long time, and when the air conditioner broken he was furious. At first, I wanted to fix it myself, but it didn't work out, I even suspect that messed up even more. Then he ran through friends and asked them for advice, but they all said that it would be better for him to contact the service. In the end, my dad decided to listen to them and contact the service. On the Internet, he found a quality service for repairing air conditioners. Then my father praised these guys for three days. After listening to my father's stories, I decided to improve my air conditioner and gave it to those guys in the service.

Last edited: