Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Statesman horn blasting by itself

mkhannah

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore, vs statesman
About a month again I was driving along and the horn went off by itself for about 5 seconds before stopping. Today I haven't driven it at all, but the horn came on while in our driveway and just stayed on for a minute until I pulled the relay out.

Can anyone tell me where I should start looking? I've read about a metallic sticker in the air bag/steering wheel causing this fault but it seems it's only in later models. I'll try a new relay but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else on the forum with a vs? Thanks.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Get your battery load tested or next time it does it stick a charger on the battery and see if it stops after a while. It could be related to a faulty battery and the security kicking in.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Do you know if it's the theft deterrent horn on rear passenger side of the engine compartment that's coming on, or the main horns at the front of the car?

mkhannah

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore, vs statesman
Do you know if it's the theft deterrent horn on rear passenger side of the engine compartment that's coming on, or the main horns at the front of the car?
Pretty sure it was the main ones at the front. It was so bloody loud I had a headache and my ears hurt lol. It seemed to be at the front.