Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs statesman v8

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
gday just recently bought a vs statesman no rwc for 1300 the body is immaculate. my original plan was to get what I wanted out of it to put in my vs ute. 5L conversion interior but then realized how much work it will be. so decided to keep it. an I want to stroke it, it's not gonna be a daily but I'm tossing up between 355 or 383. anyone can help. not to worried about money. I have a lot time as well. This is going to be a build thread but yeah gotta work out which direction. iv decided I'm going to go through COME racing cause there reasonably priced. and my dad just bought a 355 kit from them an so far tthey have looked after him in regards to advice an what not.

basically I need someone to make me decide haha

I understand there's machining. an all the rest it's just iv read people saying different things.

anyway. bit about the car

it's white it was originally a v6 but has been converted to v8 . has cracked headers but there fixed now. Had no alternator an that's been replaced an yeah. will update soon

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
small update and a question. or seven.

I purchased a LSD diff. 150 bucks. cleaned it up an gave it a quick coat of black. an I am yet to put it in the car. I want to buy a rear bush kit just freshen everything up. Now for the question

first thing I'm not worried about time. but my budget is not much over 10k over 2 years. I'm waiting on my old man's stroker to be running to really make my mind up. But iv been told that strokers are no where near as good as lsx conversions for bang for your buck I was gonna go 383 an twin throttle body manifold an cam package but a guy I know kept saying my VE SS will smoke it blah blah. any advice on which way I should go. Most of the installing/building will be done by me an my dad. After he f@#s his hahaha. but yeah can't get any straight answers out of 4block they don't really give the greatest advice over email then again I should probably call them. They offer a ls conversion with 6 speed manual for 10k
so yeah thanks in advance

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
well a lot has happened since the last post.
I ended up taking the kframe out. fuel tank out. cleaned it all cleaned under the car painted it all put it back in with new.fuel lines an new bushes all round. 4 point camber kit new wheel bearings an really greased all the CV 'S

then I spent some more money an got a caprice grill the front lower lip (genuine statesman) the rear lower lip (ss) fitted it myself then got both the front an rear bars resprayed off a mate. I also bought driving lights an got a switch for free an installed those..

as I was starting to get into it all I broke my femur on my motorbike on a 90ft triple at my local track. so not being able to do a lot an having some extra cash I went an bought type r splits type s coaxials an a head unit . I am going to be getting 2 amps an a mono for a type r sub which should sound good. this will be my second install bbut one thing I want to know I bought a wiring thing that allows you to use the steering wheel controls. has anyone done then before cause at a quick glance they look quite tricky thanks .
will get photos Saturday

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice pickup looks very clean good luck with it.

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
hello ! Well still on the road to recovery with my leg, trying to work towards getting back to racing again, but since Iv had so much time off I have a lot of updates,
I ended up finishing off a very nice stereo install, made a custom 20mm mdf box that houses 2 type r's, a big mono and an amp for speakers, all very nearly installed, sound deadened the boot an doors, hooked up the steering wheel controls, so they work beautifully, then I weighed up my options an thought about what had to be done for a rwc,
Pulled the motor out,
Re sprayed my engine bay (it was purple not white :/
Cleaned everything up, made a new a main battery loom, thicker wiring due to stereo an charging, an the original was pretty well stuffed,
Got some extractors, tuff mount engine mounts,
Cleaned an painted the motor, new gaskets except for the rope seal, didn't feel confident tackling that, my dad said he had trouble with his, started putting the motor back in, an did a few things as it was going in, all new plugs/leads an other stuff
I also decided I wanted some gauges, I'm a fitter an turner by trade an I'm mid way through a sheet metal/stainless fabrication trade, so I thought why not make my own gauge pod, got all that done, then I installed a new set of AU thermos with a Davies Craig thermal switch, I made a bracket for the front of the condenser, to hold my charcoal canister an a external trans cooler, that came up wicked !!

I got a cat back exhaust for it, it's so good, the pacemakers made a huge difference in note & power after having a small drive, I did a lot but I can't really remember lol, I have a few photos but I will get more,
I also bought another vs ute, 2000 Olympic edition black, 5sp so I now have 3 cars an I'm 21, lol I need a place of my own now any way here so some photos that I do have

If anyone is interested this my femur lol, did a good job I now have rods an screws an stuff in there
An this is the new rig :):)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Good to see you're sticking with the 5 litre.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Nice man. Nice gauge setup looks, looks stealth.

And the new utes not half bad either. Looks kinda like mine.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Nice to see another statesman with the ss rear lip. The grange bobtail spoilers look great on them too imo if you have the money.

What bike do you ride?

shagaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute ecotec
Nice to see another statesman with the ss rear lip. The grange bobtail spoilers look great on them too imo if you have the money.

What bike do you ride?
Yeah I couldn't really find the statesman rear lip, an a cheap ss one came an thought why not, yeah I have the bobtail on there you can see it in the photos,
I'm selling my race bike to update when I'm ready to ride again I have a 2012 yz450f

Nice man. Nice gauge setup looks, looks stealth.

And the new utes not half bad either. Looks kinda like mine.
Cheers bud, yeah I like it :):)

Good to see you're sticking with the 5 litre.
Yeah can't go wrong with a 5.0L