Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Stato Dash into VS Calais

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
obviously disconnect the battery would be the go or atleast pull the airbag fuse out, should be no problems then.

yeah definitely battery off lol. do not want an airbag in the face haha.

anyone know about the steps to removing the dash pad? which bits to take out in what order, etc?

and more importantly how to get the wiring loom out

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
try starting with the centre console then to the area where the stereo is remove the glovebox, air vents etc and go from there.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Straight swap over man . Theres like 3-4 screws where the tweeters are then a few where the radio i and then your whole dash will come out im pretty sure , helped a mate do the same conversion a few years ago

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Straight swap over man . Theres like 3-4 screws where the tweeters are then a few where the radio i and then your whole dash will come out im pretty sure , helped a mate do the same conversion a few years ago

sweet man thats what I like to hear, I know the screws youre talking about with the tweeters, done them a few times. won't there be bolts somewhere? Remember mines got a passenger air bag.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yeh i think theres like 1-2 bolts i think ?

heres a few posts i found for you
Link1
Link2

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Once you have taken all the "add on bits" off (console, vents, under dash parts etc) the dash has seven 6mm bolts holding it in the car. Five under the windscreen demister garnishes and one each end that bolt up into the firewall. Do not worry about whats behind it, air bags etc, as they do not need touching. You'll only need to have the statesman dash harness for the clock (maybe?). Plug and play basically.

moneypit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
Ok a bit of a revival but seemed like the best spot for my question.

I am fitting a vs statesman dash assembly into my series 2 calais. Both have airbags. Just trying to confirm if the passanger airbag is the same between the 2 cars, or do I need to get the stato one? Talking about the actual air bag unit thats bolted to the firewall.

Cheers