Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Stato Dash into VS Calais

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Hey just wondering if there will be any modification needed for this, want to put a VS stato dash into my vs calais. Have sourced a complete dash.

VS S1 Calais with passenger airbag, stato dash also has passenger air bag, assuming I can use my climate control, cluster, air bag, etc etc.

Do I need a statesman loom? Would greatly appreciate any help/tips!

Cheers

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
If your upgrading from a L2 cluster to a L3 you will need to add the 4th plug and trip control switch block. (a patch loom) The stato loom wont work as it has climate control and your A/C wont have a plug. Get a L3 loom and cut the plugs and wire needed and splice into your L2 dash loom. Search "tripin" - a very good thread on what the go is on level 3 upgrades to a VR/VS
Hey just wondering if there will be any modification needed for this, want to put a VS stato dash into my vs calais. Have sourced a complete dash.

VS S1 Calais with passenger airbag, stato dash also has passenger air bag, assuming I can use my climate control, cluster, air bag, etc etc.

Do I need a statesman loom? Would greatly appreciate any help/tips!

Cheers

best of luck

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
then i think it will just go straight in
Nope mines a calais so has all that, L3 cluster and climate control already :D

Anyone know if theres a difference in the stato loom for the clock?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah im pretty sure,,,brettjjj will set you on the right path b4 the days out im sure,,,,bretts a pretty helpfull kinda guys,,,,,,,hope alls well anyways,,,,,cheeers to all in geelong....best of 2011 2 u

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
omg man i wish i had a clock :) post some pics when its done man cant wait to see how it looks...and as for the radio thing i checked the wiring and my left side speaker cables all run with the power/earth for the amps :( cant even pay someone to do a decent job these days.
as for your airbag dilemma i suggest just removing it slowly to avoid any harsh jolts and disconnect the battery but im sure you are already well on top of that, keep up the good work mate :D

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
omg man i wish i had a clock :) post some pics when its done man cant wait to see how it looks...and as for the radio thing i checked the wiring and my left side speaker cables all run with the power/earth for the amps :( cant even pay someone to do a decent job these days.
as for your airbag dilemma i suggest just removing it slowly to avoid any harsh jolts and disconnect the battery but im sure you are already well on top of that, keep up the good work mate :D

cool man, radio shouldn't be a problem as I've run all new speaker wires anyways so all I need is power and ignition for mine to work :)
really would like some advice on where to start taking it out!

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Thanks mate, does anyone have info on how to remove the dash? Specifically how do I make sure the air bag won't go off?

obviously disconnect the battery would be the go or atleast pull the airbag fuse out, should be no problems then.