Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Steering Wheel Into Vn

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I can get a hold of a VS standard steering wheel with no airbag will it go stright into my VN or will it need to be customised i wont get it if it needs work.

Thanks
Aaron

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I looked at doing it to my vp and I think I remember that the whole mounting of the steering assembly inside the car is different...I will have a go at doing anything but when I looked into it the work to fit it seemed to be too hard to modify so it fitted.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Marks right, no go without using a complete VS column I'd guess Find a VN Calais wheel if you want something affordable and a little different, they aren't a bad wheel either. Could be wrong but some Berlinas also have the nicer wheel

Cheers

Jake

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I have a VS's steering coloumn in my VN. I havernt looked yet to see if the VN wheel fits on the coloumn. I will go see after tea and let ya's know.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Silly me I used the VS's coloumn housing, but retained the VN's shaft, so I cant tell ya sorry.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks guys yer i like the SS/Calais Wheel, i havent seen a nice after market steering wheel as yet! Might have to keep an eye out for the SS one.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I might be able to help, depending on where you live. I just removed the standard wheel in my calais and fitted an after-market woodgrain, so the stock one is just in my boot. See what I can do for ya.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Kewl air strike, im in perth, should cost too much to post lol what you want for it, if ya want to sell it, is it in good condition?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It's all perfect cept at the top the rubber has come away from the metel rim inside. I'll get bak to ya

87vlt

why bother, just stop being a tight ass? just buy an aftermarket steering wheel they look better than the gamin holden ones and you no longer have to look at the garsly holden logo