Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Stock Speakers?

Nato B

95' VS Vacationer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
Hey Guys im picking up my new VS Vacationer tomorrow after 9 weeks of waiting lol and was just wondering what Brand/ohms/watts etc. the stock speakers are? Does it have 6x9" all the way round?

Cheers fellas

Nato:dance:

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
without any modifications...the VS can have 6.5" speakers both front and rear

Nato B

95' VS Vacationer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
oh ok you know any details on them?

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
My '96 VS Calias had (when full stock) only 4 6" speakers all the way around. i cant remember what the Ohms/Watts were but i do remember that even the cheap 2-way speakers you can buy now had a better ohm and wattage, and also they would obviously be in better condition as well. cause my stock speakers in the back, an some in the front had their rubber lining from all around the speaker either completely destroyed and hanging by a thread, or cracked majorly in most parts..

But ur best bet is either your owner manual (which im sure you have checked) or find someones ride on this site with a vacationer and ask them...

Mystro1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Yeah dont even bother with the stock speakers, they are 4ohm and arround the 30w mark (and i'd say that was max) i know a lot of the VS series had splits in the front to (my exec did) but they were rubish back then in 1999 when i got the car 2 years after it was built. As some one else said, cheap after market speakers are better than the OEM ones and their quite simple to replace. 6" - 6.5" mids in the front doors 6.5" 2ways in the back stock.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
the Calais should have had six speakers, two tweeters up the front as well :p

Nato B

95' VS Vacationer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
oh ok cheers guys.. ill have to look into getting them replaced then... is it hard to fit 6x9" in the rear shelf of the sedan? would they still fit under the covers?

Mystro1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
oh ok cheers guys.. ill have to look into getting them replaced then... is it hard to fit 6x9" in the rear shelf of the sedan? would they still fit under the covers?

Yes they will fit but no its not easy... you need to cut out the steel supports for the speakers to make them bigger, I would advise against this as im pretty sure holden make the parcel tray to a standard strength for crashes and such and I have always had issues with cutting in to any steel in my cars or the cars i have doing audio installs in. (could be my own parinoia)

You could use 6x9 box mounts which would sit on the parcel tray but they can look quite ugly if done wrong...

Cheers.

Nato B

95' VS Vacationer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
Lol yeah thats correct... i am still running the stock front speakers and tweeters in my Calais, they are kinda due for replacement lol

Lol yeah they are a bit sam lol... Maybe when u go to replace urs we can do mine at the same time :) might be easier ;) lol;)