Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs stroker rebuild please help

jadder

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 3.8 s3 ute
THE PLAN
ok guys im planning on building my vs 3.8 ecotec into a stage 4 stroker kit full forged rated for 20 psi boost (Hcons, forge dimond pistns 30 thou os, and all that).
as of current situations i will not be t/c or s/c due to money but definatly building it to be bullet proof.
its going to have the usual mods - 1:98:1 roller rocker - prtd+polishd heads (complete rocn)- fitted with crow cam springs, retainers and hardened pushrods to suit - stage 2 cam +memcal running it - block will be bored and clearance for stroker- heads shaved for higher comp - oversized valves - all meshed togeather with performance acl gaskets n bearings - also the range of bits from mace... spacers throttle body, mass sensrs - my custom cai - 2'5 high flow catback systm with high flow cat and extractors.
after planning and doing all this my main question is what do i do to the 4spd automatic trans will it cope with the extra power?
is there a way to recon them?
feels like its a bit sloppy?
a way to tighten them?
what type of servos do i use? were do i get them? how much do they cost?
shift kits?
any information and feedback on the trans would be awesome if you have a recond trans let me know i might buy it off ya....
and finally what sort of rwkw would i be looking at from doing all of this, (people that have done similar to this and have an idea of the range)
helphelphelp any thing would be awesome hit me up and let me know what ya think is it a good plan or is it a bad plan?
i have a budget of $12k as of the time being.
cheers josh

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
hey mate, probably the wrong section to post this up in i reckon, however looking at the mods u r doing and have future plans on doing, dont rely on this info but im thinking that those ratio rockers will probably be too high for the cam package u will be installing, if that is the case u may need to go for a lower ratio. apart from that it sounds sweet n will be an animal when its done.