Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs strut top anger :(

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
why not just get kmac adjustable strut tops?got them in mine and never had an issue....

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yep thast correct, on the VS there is a strut top rubber mount then there the bearing that sits in it, so 2 separate parts. holden wanted $44 each for the rubber mounts and around 35 each for the bearings which would have worked out to just under 160 buks...and the neoprene kit was 187 so not allot of difference. The ones in there now were makay brand normal rubber which i was told were the same as genuine.

with the ones on there now it has completely come apart ...i.e hasn't stretched lol i could jst be unlucky and have gotten some other faulty ones (as first ones i had were faulty) but i doubt it

just s u have an idea of what the mound and bearing look like check out the link...this is the kit im getting COMMODORE URETHANE STRUT TOPS VR VS VT VX VY VZ NEW - eBay (item 270278722769 end time May-20-09 05:13:22 PDT)

Yeap thanks mate, i should be doin this, this week, got my shocks from GSL Rally sport today, so i'll do the whole strut :) just need to get some genuine rubber ones strut top n bearings.