Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS supercharged Heads on a vr Commodore...can it be done?

sk8aboi77

vr manual wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore Ute
Hi Everyone.

I have a Vs V6 supercharger and vs intake manifold sitting at home, and was wondering wats involved in fitting it to my VR V6 commodore ute.

I am thinking that ( IF POSSIBLE ) replacing the stock vr heads with stock VS Supercharged Heads will be easiest providing they bolt up to the Vr Buick block, so the injectors will work ect.

If anyone has fitted a eaton M90 to a vr commodore V6 Your help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Ashley

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The block is a different height so it's not really doable. But if you put the super 6 heads on a normal ecotec bottom end then you will be ok

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...as-anyone-put-ecotec-heads-earlyer-motor.html

The entire top end of the L67 will not bolt on. If you really want to do something like this to a Buick (would be much easier and cheaper getting an L67), have a look around for information on an Eaton M62 setup. They were the factory supercharged Buick setup in America.

Out of curiosity, why the Buick block? The L67 and Ecotec blocks were exactly the same (AFAIK), and Ecotec blocks are pretty cheap. I'm not even sure if the supercharged heads are that different from stock Ecotec heads either (except for the fact that the injectors are in the head).

EDIT: Just re-read your post, now I know why you want to do it all to a Buick. If you're just minus the M90, I think Harrop or CAPA might sell them.

Last edited:

sk8aboi77

vr manual wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore Ute
hey...

ok....

what i have:

1. Supercharger off a stock standard VS Calais Supercharged.
2. The supercharger is bolted to a Manifold Already
3. All fuel lines and vs supercharged Injectors are bolted on the supercharger manifold.
4. I have boshe040 external pump.

I have a vr commdore ute which has the V6 Buick enine in it...I want to somehow put my supercharger onto this engine... Just asking for peoples advise and iff anyone as done it.

My 1st post wasnt really clear :)

Help me :))

sk8aboi77

vr manual wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore Ute
Maybe ( if possibe ) cud i just buy a Ecotec motor and replace heads to suit a stock ecotec supercharger?

Im confused hahaha :)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yes, the Ecotec and the S/C Ecotec have the same block. However, the S/C Ecotec had better internals though, and I doubt that stock Ecotec pistons would last for very long with an M90 on top.

sk8aboi77

vr manual wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore Ute
Someones gotta make some sorta adaption to fit a M90 to the buick without too much drama surely !

sk8aboi77

vr manual wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore Ute
ok... latest find.

People are saying cut ther top off the stock Vr Inlet manifold, weld a custom made plate to it, and bolt the blower straight on...

Is that safe? Or a bit wild?

Cheddle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII s-pak ute 3.8l 5-speed
the ecotech intake manifold will not fit the buick heads, and the buick heads will not fit the ecotech block

so you got two choices

1. ecotech engine.
2. adaptor plate to mate your current intake manifold/supercharger to the buick heads.

an adaptor plate is ideal and should give you more torque (a longer intake will shift the harmonics of the intake further down the rev range) and (given its a huge blower) not cause you to loose any power

the biggest problem you face is bonnet clerance once the adaptor plate is made and engine managment if you dont have it sorted already

are you aware that the buick has a map sensor (pressure sensor) that is incapable of reading boost? so unless you get aftermarket managment and a 3 or 4 BAR map sensor (2jz-gte MAP sensor for example) the ECU wont realize its getting positive pressure and will lean out and explode?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Even if you did manage to find or make some kind of adapter for the M90, keep in mind the stock internals will not last long.