Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs supercharged

Trog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT/VS
Bought a supercharged vs ute with no mod plate for supercharger, how do I go getting a roady and rego..? Any ideas on costs involved? Should I take supercharger off, get a roady and then put it back on? Or is it only $80 or somepnt...?

Trog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT/VS
Cheers mate , its a sc14 Toyota root type I think...

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
If it's from another make/model you'll probably have trouble. Being an sc14 I'd think they wouldn't let it pass. Mainly due to the fact that you can't prove that the emissions meet the standards that car originally needed to comply with.

Best bet would be to remove the supercharger before you go and get it inspected. Otherwise, it's a bit more work but you could put an L67 top end on it and it should pass easily since they came out with them as standard.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
You may have to get an emissions test in which case you will more than likely fail.... Even though you only have reach the standards for that year of manufacture the old and tired cat, most likely different cat back, tired piston rings and tired fpr will most likely cause you to fail they're pretty strict..... In saying that I have heard that if you heat the cat up enough their efficency goes through the roof so in other words before it gets tested drive it like you stole it ..... Lol

Induction noise could be an issue too are you using the factory air box?

Trog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT/VS
Nuh, its got a pod on it. Its probably had some cam work done, sounds lumpy.

Trog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT/VS
Its super economical too, it only cost me $230 from Cloncurry to (1100ks) Cairns with much Mad Maxing along the way.:beer chug: